Capitol Technology University in collaboration with the University of Maryland College Park offers perspective and current students the opportunity to participate in UMCP's ARMY ROTC Program

Option 1: Take UMCP Army ROTC College Courses

If you are a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at Capitol Tech, you can take Army ROTC undergraduate courses on the UMCP campus and earn college credit.  If you register for these courses, you can choose to participate in physical fitness training and hands-on military skills training, but it is not required.  You can take Army ROTC courses for college credit without committing to military service.

How to Cross-Enroll in UMCP Army ROTC College Courses

If you are a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at Capitol Tech and you would like to participate in the UMCP Army ROTC program, you will need to cross-enroll at UMCP.  Use the contact form on this page to contact Advising for more information or review the How To Enroll portion of this page. 


Option 2: Apply for the UMCP Army ROTC Commissioning Program

You can also choose to apply to the Army ROTC commissioning program, which prepares you for service as an officer in the U.S. Army after graduation.  In this program, you must take ROTC courses and participate in physical fitness and military skills training.  The application process is highly competitive. 

How to Apply for the Army ROTC Commissioning Program

If you are interested in taking your UMCP Army ROTC experience further and applying to the highly competitive commissioning program, you must first gain acceptance into the UMCP Army ROTC program and then meet the commissioning program's minimum eligibility requirements.  You must:

  • Be a U.S. Citizen
  • Pass the DoDMERB medical/physical exam
  • Be 18 to 27 years of age (waivers available)
  • Maintain a 2.0 GPA
  • Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test
  • Meet height and weight requirements
  • Be a full-time student pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree
  • Interview with the professor of military science at UMCP

For information about the program from Capitol Tech, please contact Advising; from UMCP Battalion Phone: (301)314-9939 or (301)314-9237 Email:

How To Enroll in ROTC

If you are enrolled at Capitol Tech and would like to participate in UMCP ROTC program you will need to fill out a Cross Enrollment Form.

You must contact Inter-institutional Registration at / 301-314-8254 at UMD to turn in the appropriate forms as well as have the appropriate documentation from Capitol Tech.

The University of Maryland College Park requires: