Welcome to the Advising Office at Capitol Technology University!
Our staff is dedicated to helping you succeed academically. To fulfill that mission, we work closely to help you discover your academic and professional interests and help you create a plan to achieve your goals. Our main aim is to offer you a quality advising experience that nurtures and supports you academically and developmentally.
Through on-going conversations and outreach programs, the Advising Office will help you learn about your available options and help you make the right decisions. Your journey to academic success starts right now, so stop by the Advising Office today!
What Academic Advisement can do for you
- Study Strategies
- Time Management
- Appropriate Decision-Making
- Stress Reduction
- Taking Notes
- Taking Tests & Test Anxiety
- Presentation Preparation
- Writing Research Papers
- Self & Family
- Peer Interaction
- Financial Aid
Educational Choices, Changes and Plans
- Degree Requirements
- Transfer Credits/Distribution of Credits
- Undergraduate and Graduate Program Offerings
- Change in Major/Minor
- Referral to On-Campus Learning Resources
- Tutoring Resource Center
- Business Resource Center
- Library Resources
- Career Development and Cooperative Education
Your Responsibilities as a Student/Advisee
- Initiate contact with your advisor and seek help on a regular basis.
- Read the pages in the college catalog pertaining to your major.
- Become familiar with academic policies, procedures and requirements by reading the college catalog and student handbook.