Through the federal CARES Act, Capitol Technology University has received funds to assist the university as a result of COVID-19. At least 50% of these funds will provide grants directly to students facing challenges due to the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Capitol Technology University signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Total funds available to students, $144,333
- Estimated students eligible to participate (per Section 484 in Title IV of HEA Act of 1965, Section 18004(a)(1) of CARES Act), 326 students.
- All eligible students received emails informing them of available CARES Act grants with application information
- Students requesting funds submitted application by deadline of May 8, 2020
- Applications for funds were reviewed by committee and all $144,333 was disbursed in one-time grant to students.
- 326 students were eligible for CARES Act funds
- 38 students applied, but five were determined ineligible
- 33 students received CARES Act funds