Current and prospective students who wish to file a complaint are encouraged to follow the procedures outlined in the Student Handbook and attempt to resolve the issue directly with the university. If a student has exhausted Capitol’s grievance procedures and the grievance has not been resolved, the student has the right to file a complaint with Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC), the state portal agency for NC-SARA.  The agency is responsible for investigating and resolution of student complaints. A complaint concerning compliance with the standards of accreditation is to be submitted to the institution's accrediting body, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.

 California Residents- Online students residing in California can file complaints online at or call toll-free 833-942-1120.