The Capitol Technology University Commitment is a written commitment between the student and Capitol Technology University. The commitment is open to all undergraduate students (U.S. citizens or permanent residents).
- Graduate with a bachelor of science degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
- Complete a minimum of 40 credits at Capitol Technology University (20 credits in your major)
- Complete one Capitol-verified work experience related to your field of study.
- Maintain a status of 6 or more credits per semester unless on a school sponsored co-op or internship.
- Attend Career Conference every Fall and Spring semester
- Attend at least three school-sponsored student enrichment events each year of attendance
- Actively work with Career Services to find a job including registering with the Online Career Center
- Make a good-faith effort to find a job after graduation
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Definition & Details:
- Job is defined as one job offer. If you choose to attend graduate school instead of entering the workforce, your acceptance into a graduate school will count as a job offer. Conditional offers will count as a job offer.
- The spring issue of the quarterly salary survey, published by the National Association of Universities and Employers for each degree program, will determine competitive salary for a given graduating year. Copies of the salary survey are available in the Career Services office. The salary survey reports salaries in the 25th, 50th and 75th percentiles. The minimum salary will be within 25% of the 25th percentile.
- Within 90 days of conferral is defined as within 90 days of the conferral date of your degree or the date your last class was completed, whichever date is later.
- For example, for a May graduate, the 90-day period starts from the day of commencement. For students who graduate in August or December, the 90-day period starts from the day of the following May commencement.
If the student named herein fulfills each of the stated requirements and does not have a job offer at a competitive salary within 90 days of degree conferral or completion Capitol Technology University will grant the student a tuition waiver. Application for redemption of this waiver must be made within 210 days of degree conferral or completion. This tuition waiver will allow you to take up to 36 undergraduate credits within a continuous 12-month period while you continue to look for employment with the Office of Career Services. Once you have received a job offer, the college’s guarantee will have been fulfilled and the institution has no further obligation. If after completing the 36 hours, you still do not have a job offer, the Office of Career Services will continue to work with you until you do.