Am I eligible for aid?

To be eligible for federal student aid, you must meet several requirements. You must:

  • demonstrate financial need, except for some private loan programs.
  • have a high school diploma or GED.
  • be accepted or enrolled in an eligible program.
  • be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
  • have a valid social security number.
  • meet satisfactory academic progress standards.
  • certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes and that you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant.
  • comply with Selective Service registration requirements.


How do I apply for federal student aid?

To apply for federal financial aid, you must complete the FAFSA. You may complete the FAFSA at, or you may complete the paper version available in high school guidance offices, local libraries and the university's financial aid office.

What is financial need?

Most financial aid is awarded based on the financial need of the family. Need is based on a calculation that subtracts your expected family contribution from the cost of attendance.

What is the cost of attendence?

Your cost of attendance includes the following categories: tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation and miscellaneous or unusual expenses.

How much financial aid money will I need?

The following budget information is provided to give you an idea of the possible cost to attend Capitol Technology University. The cost is representative of the 2024-2025 information for full-time undergraduate students. To determine estimated expenses for one semester, divide the budget in half.

Budget item Student living with parent Student living on campus Student living off campus
Tuition* $26,350 26,350 $26,350
Fees* $1082 $1,842 $1,082
Books/supplies* $1,600 $1,600 $1,600
Room/board $11,653 $13,152* $21,196
Transportation $1,920 $1,400 $1,920
Miscellaneous expenses $1,920 $1,800 $2,000
Total: $44,525 $46,144 $54,148

*The asterisk marks expenses that all enrolled students must pay to the university. Room applies only to students living in on-campus housing.

Financial aid may be used to cover expenses related to your education: tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses.

The CompTIA A+/Network+ program is not approved for federal, state or institutional aid. Private loans are the only aid available for this program.


Does Capitol Technology University have scholarships available?

Each full-time undergraduate degree applicant is considered for an institutional scholarship when applying for admission to the university. The admissions office will send you notification of any awards.

A number of corporations and foundations have established scholarships at the university, which are awarded annually to continuing students who meet individual award criteria and requirements. The requirements typically include academic merit, donor specifications and financial need.


How will I receive my financial aid awards?

After the last day for a 25 percent tuition refund, the financial aid staff reviews the enrollment status of each financial aid recipient. Most financial aid awards are prorated based on enrollment status. Only courses taken for a grade count toward enrollment status. After any adjustments are made, your Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Perkins Loans, institutional, corporate or foundation scholarship awards are automatically credited to your tuition and on-campus housing costs. You will receive a refund check if your financial aid is more than what you owe Capitol Technology University.

Students receiving aid from the Federal Stafford Loan will have funds credited to their accounts.


What happens if I withdraw from all classes?

If you withdraw from school, the amount of federal student aid assistance you've 'earned' up to the day of withdrawal will be determined by a formula, as per federal regulations. If you received more assistance than you earned, the extra funds must be returned.

Can I pay my tuition in installments?

Yes. The deferred payment plan allows students to pay semester charges in three installments (after any financial aid has been deducted from the bill). The first payment is due at the time of registration. The second payment is due approximately 30 days after the semester begins. The third payment is due approximately 60 days after the start of the semester. Contact the Business Office for more information.