Veterans Benefits

For the most up to date information please visit


Eligible applicants and their dependents may qualify for veterans' educational benefits that are available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If you think you may be entitled to these benefits, contact the VA' s education information hotline at 888-442-4551 to determine your eligibility. 

To use your benefits you must be admitted to the university in a program approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs and submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA.

Students receiving benefits under Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness & Employment (formerly known as Vocational Rehabilitation) will have their authorizations to receive Chapter 31 benefits submitted electronically via the VA's Tungsten Network partner by their VR&E counselor.

In general, you will begin to receive your benefits after the Office of Registration and Records receives your Certificate of Eligibility and certifies your enrollment and education plan. You'll receive benefits only during your times of certified enrollment. Contact the Office of Registration and Records each semester you plan to use benefits so we can certify your enrollment. It can take several weeks for the VA to process benefits applications.

First Time Applicants for Veterans Educational Benefits

If you are planning to use Veteran Education Benefits for the first time at Capitol Technology University, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Office of Registration and Records. You may scan your  forms and e-mail them to

All New and Continuing Applicants for Veterans Educational Benefits

All new and continuing veterans applying for educational benefits must complete a VA Enrollment Certification Request Form for each semester enrolled.