Capitol Technology University is happy to serve our veterans and dependents of veterans. We thank you for your service to our country!

Students wishing to use their VA education benefits while attending Capitol Technology University can receive assistance with their enrollment certifications and other questions by contacting a School Certifying Official (SCO) in the Office of Registration and Records at 301-369-2313 or VABenefits{at} Our office is located in Room A-208 of MA-Com Hall. We also have a printer-friendly information letter on using VA Education Benefits at Capitol Technology University that can be found here.

Veterans are certified on a per semester basis. Certifications do not automatically roll over from one semester to another. All continuing students must complete the VA Certification Request Form each semester or term that they wish to utilize their VA education benefits. In addition, any changes to a student’s schedule or status (including dropped, added or audited courses, changes in major or withdrawals) must be reported to a certifying official immediately as the university is required to notify the Department of Veterans Affairs within 30 days of any change is student status.

Veterans can find helpful information on the use of their VA education benefits at the GI Bill® Website or the VA's eBenefits portal including how to apply for VA Benefits and contact information for benefits counselors.  There have been a number of changes to VA education benefits in recent months so it is essential that students keep up to date on their benefits by using these online resources.

Adds, Drops and Withdrawals

Before making changes to your schedule please consult our VA School Certifying Official (VABenefits{at} to make sure that these changes do not negatively impact your VA funding.  Students planning to withdraw from a course or semester are strongly encouraged to consult the SCO before completing any withdrawal forms.  The website contains an excellent outline on the potential problems of withdrawing from courses mid-semester.

Questions on tuition discounts for active duty or retired servicemembers should be directed to BusinessOffice{at}